For many patients, the noise of a dental drill is an unwelcome sound and a trigger for dental anxiety. If you fall in this category, then you’ll be pleasantly surprised to learn about the numerous benefits offered by hard tissue laser dentistry in Thousand Oaks, CA.
Hard tissue laser dentistry utilizes highly focused light energy to cut through hard tissue such as teeth and bone during various treatments. In particular, Dr. Amy Nabi uses laser technology to treat tooth decay and also during teeth whitening. When used in the treatment of cavities, lasers act as a cutting instrument. In contrast, teeth whitening lasers serve as a heat source and enhance the bleaching effect of the whitening agent.
After examining you to determine the type and extent of your dental problem, our dentist then prepares you for treatment. To perform hard tissue laser dentistry, Dr. Amy Nabi uses a laser device to remove the tooth’s decayed portions.
The laser instrument is used in place of a dental drill and performs much more efficiently and accurately than a traditional drill. Because of the precision involved, laser treatments are friendlier to the tooth structure. As the laser removes the tooth decay, it also sterilizes the tooth, reducing the risk of bacterial infection.
Besides tooth decay, lasers can also contour bone tissue during crown lengthening and prepare tooth enamel for composite resin bonding.
Laser treatments are virtually painless and are safe for both children and adults.
Some key advantages of hard tissue laser dentistry near you include:
· No dental drills are used.
· In many cases, anesthesia isn’t required. As a result, patients who are typically fearful of needles and injections will have a better experience at the dentist.
· Because needles and drills aren’t typically required during laser treatments, many patients experience less dental anxiety.
· Laser treatments involve minimal swelling and bleeding.
· Laser technology simplifies the treatment process by enhancing efficiency. This results in less chair time and quicker treatments.
· Healing and recovery are faster when you opt for laser treatment.
Do you have a troublesome tooth that’s causing you sleepless nights? Would you like to repair it while avoiding traditional approaches? If yes, reach out to Dr. Amy’s Dental to experience hard tissue laser dentistry near you.